Monday, April 26, 2010

The Saturnless trip

I'M GOING TO GO AND GO AHEAD AND GO TO THE STATES IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!!!!

The saddest, most heartbreaking thing about the trip is that I won't get to go to Saturn*. It's the kid's fault. Blame him. I will be gone for a week and a half and that's really my max without seeing him. More importantly, I think it's also his max.

It's not that I can't live without moonbeams and orange snow. It's that some people live there whom I miss dearly. Which is a bit of an understatement to begin with. So I have a suggestion. All of y'all need to move to the same neighborhood, so I can visit you all at once instead of having to choose. And if I happen to not to be in the neighborhood for whatever reason, you can rent an RV together and visit me wherever it is I'm going to be in the U.S. It's either that, or you have to visit me here, back home. So Sarah and Gina Marie are off the hook. Start saving up. Yeah, you. You know I'm talking to you.

I'm very excited about this trip other than all that, though. I'll be flying Home, first stop Nashville (new city for me), roadtrip to Indianapolis (new city and new state), see some DMB at Deer Creek (new venue) and possibly spend some time at a lake of which I can't remember the name right now (new lake - feels like being an adultress). After that, I'll be flying back home (no capital for you, stupid NL) and go sailing for a couple of days.

What?

Yeah. That last part shocks the hell out of me too. I could have gone to California, would I not have gone sailing. But I haven't been sailing for years. And it's with my friend who's been right beside me through every stinking god awful soap opera worthy piece of shit crap I've been through this last year. I love her & owe her.

Whadya think? Good trip?

All of this will be down the drain of course if I win the lottery come this Friday (Queen's Day): 10K Euro per month for the rest of my life. Because in that highly likely scenario, I'll just quit my job for a bit, go sailing, take the kid on a plane with me and travel around Home for a month. After which y'all be so sick of me that you forbid me to ever come back.

ANYWAY.

Can't wait. Cannot f-ing wait. Back to the States. Finally!

* Saturn = California. Listen to Going Back to Saturn by Stevie Wonder.

No comments:

Blog Archive