Ah, Harry Potter. The Potter. Potty. Potterus. Every now and then, an author stands up, writes a masterpiece (or seven) and gets kids to read again. When that masterpiece is not only a thrilling and captivating story, but also excellent children's literature, what more can we ask for?
A circus. Apparently.
Video games, dolls, board games, wands, capes, hats, stickers, key chains, pants, caps, underwear. Etcetera. And movies.
I've seen them all. And with the exception of number 4, I was disappointed. This time was no different. I was excited to finally see it, and unsatisfied the whole way through and the entire way home from the theater. The next day I realized why - once again, it didn't live up to my (weird) expectations. I guess I still secretly hope that this time, they will do the right thing. But once more, it was one big inside joke fest, rushing through the story because 2.25 hours was the most the studio would allow and they had to cram in the essentials because of the grande finale, which apparently will get the necessary two instalments.
And I will see them. And be excited to. And secretely hate them.
Thank God we still have the books. Can't wait until Yannick is old enough. Hopefully he'll let me read them to him.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The film wasn't that bad. Although it should be an 5 hour movie instead the 2.25 hours. But still, i enjoyed it.
The last book will be 2 movies. Tomorrow i start read the book again. I can't wait for the movie to show..
Post a Comment