Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Hang on while I bitch for a second
When you have been condemned to wherever your car will take you for every vacation because your spouse is afraid of flying, when you haven't been able to take your spouse to your second home country because he is afraid of flying, when you had to cancel a surprise weekend trip because your spouse is afraid of flying, it really is fucking awesome when your spouse cheerfully tells you he will take his new girlfriend to Sweden, by plane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
sounds like a tale for www.fmylife.com!
seriously though, overcoming a fear of flying could indicate that perhaps he is finally taking some baby steps towards adulthood. I mean, at this rate it sounds like it will still be an impossibly long road, but in the end that can only be a good thing, right?
Yes, but we will be flying to Italy in less than 2 months!
I think he's being a JERK. I don't think he's made any progress, he's just being an asshole. He has not overcome his fear of flying, it's manipulation. I realize I'm being harsh, but he's being a jerk to my friend and I love her. So I don't feel I have to sugar coat it :)
Love you Es.
Just wanted to clarify that I'm being harsh towards the dude, not you Beyowka. I realized later this might have come across as a comment saying I was being harsh to Beyowka and not sugar coating it to you. So yeah, just wanted to clarify, not to you.
GM I was just trying to give the benefit of the doubt and take the situation at face value so I could show E a way to look at the bright side of things. Of course I am being totally ridiculous and you are more realistic; I just think that some situations may call for it. How did Seal's biggest hit go again? No, not the one from Batman.
In summary, no offense taken whatsoever.
And *I* love you all and it'll certainly be a trip to not have to drive for 16 hours to get to Italy. I'm going to Italy! I'm going to Italy! I'm going to Italy!
Thanks for replying Beyowka. I meant the comments for "him" not you. And yes, looking at the bright side of things is always a good idea.
Post a Comment