(i just got back from a convention, and apologize for not e-mailing people, but let me get this off my chest first).
why i hate john mayer.
okay - i don't hate him. that'd be silly anyway, since i don't actually know him. or his music - because i have heard, what, maybe five songs? and those songs didn't make me want to rip tear off my ears. they were 'meh' at worst and 'dumdidumdidum' at best. and that's okay because we can't all be head over heals about the same bands/artists all the time. so no, i don't hate him. he just doesn't do it for me.
i do hate hate hate HATE this conversation:
"esther, you're always looking for new artists and bands, right. well, there's this really cool american you might want to check out: john mayer".
or
[dinner at friends']"let me put on some music - oh, esther i just know you're going to love this! it's this new cd i bought. john mayer, do you know him?"
worse
[during the endless 'americans-have-no-culture' discussion]"you're right, 80% of my music collection is 'american' (...) did you hear that new song on the radio, 'daughters'? he's american, right?"
WORST
[after putting on l@lc and while going through labour]"not bad, not bad at all. dave matthews you say? you know who he reminds me of? JOHN MAYER".
so you can imagine that when they put on 'daughters' at my high school reunion this past saturday, i figured it was time to leave. because this is what i have to put up with. john mayer haunts me.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Even though you aren't crazy about John Mayer I still love you :)
His GAP ad is smokin' hot, Esther. Haha!
I'll say it, I can't stand that pretentious bastard! Haha! Most of my friends dig him, and whatever, I like some bands that other people don't like, so to each her own. I just don't get John Mayer. Plus he was rude to Sharon. She was a fan of his before anyone heard "Your Body is a Wonderland" (barf) on the radio, and that sealed the deal.
I totally forgot about the Sharon story! Yeah, he's pretty stuck up. I met a girl recently who said he did the same thing to her so it's good to see he hasn't changed his ways.
The GAP ads are amazing and for some reason I can't stop loving him.
Oh Esther, you're not alone. I can't stand him either!
Post a Comment